AZ Hands & Voices established its first board in the summer of 2007. We are currently accepting applications for both professionals and parents of children with a hearing loss. Please download and return the Board Application if you are interested in joining us.
Pamela Garnett – President – GBYS Parent Guide
Cynthia Elliot – Vice President
Kelly Nolan – Secretary
Najwa Ghattas – Executive Director – Guide By Your Side Coordinator
- Parent; BS Accounting, Post-Bac Elementary Education
- Professional; M.N.S., CCC-SLP, LSLS Cert. AVEd – Speech-Language Pathologist/Listening & Spoken Language Specialist, Zimmerman Speech Therapy, Inc.
Lisa Pettit – GBYS Parent Guide
- Professional; MS, MPH, CCC-A – Arizona Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) Coordinator and Manager of Hear for Kids program through Arizona EAR Foundation
- Parent; BA Child Development, MA Educational Psychology, AZ Teaching Certifications: Intellectually Handicapped, Emotional Disability, and Early Childhood Special Education
- Professional; Principal of Sequoia School for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Parent; D/HH adult
- Professional; Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology
- Professional: Au.D., CCC-A, FAAA – Audiologist – Clinical Assistant Professor at Arizona State University
Dominique Colunga – GBYS Parent Guide